PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ELF CREAM EYELINER IN BLACK

Here's an initial review on ELF CREAM EYELINER IN BLACK

PRICE: 249.75PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: FIRST AID, GREENBELT
OTHER LOCATIONS: MALLS NATIONWIDE


THE VERDICT:

First of all, I am very sorry for the lack of posts this past week. I am currently starting my thesis production, and you know how busy it gets when you're doing your thesis. This may be long overdue, but I can't wait to share this amazing find with my dear readers.

I love using cream liners because:

1. The finish is matte
2. Looks more natural
3. Defines the eyes better
4. Non- sticky
5. Non- sting (unless you poke your eye with the brush with the cream liner)

Other swear by Shu Uemura and Bobbi Brown's gel liner. But we all know that cream eye liners are very prone to drying. I'm sure you won't be able to finish a pot in a year, not unless you use it for face or body painting.

So before you dry out your thousand bucks by purchasing an expensive cream eyeliner, let me tell (and convince) you that you are better off with ELF's Cream eye liner.

It's cheap. So is the brush and the plastic jar packaging. But heck! You're after the product! But mind you, the brush applicator might fall off of the handle. Just be sure to have a super glue in handy. I love the brush so much because it perfectly applies the liner on my eyes!

Jar is small, which means it won't eat up too much space in your make up kit. And as you can see, there's just a small amount of the product. But since we're talking about drying cream eyeliners, who needs a tub?

top shot. :)

Here's a swatch of the eyeliner. On the left part, I smudged the liner, and I didn't on the right one. As you can see, the liner is pigmented!

Here's the product on my eyes. Can I just commend myself for a perfect winged line here? HAHAHAHA. :)

For reference, I have oily lids, and I didn't put any eye primers.

Anyway, you have to be careful when applying cream eyeliners. One wrong stroke, and you're off to reapplying your make- up. So be sure to have a steady hand, open your mouth a bit, and concentrate. DON'T RUSH!

Now you see the reason why I love cream eyeliners so much? It defines the eyes naturally, and it's easier to paint with cream than liquid or pencil!

Here's moi wearing the eyeliner to a date with hubby.

AFTER 6 HOURS....

Holy guacamole! The liner is still intact! There's subtle fading, but it's not very evident at all in actual! As you can see on the arch of my lids, there's a faint smudging, but I assure you, you won't mind it! The smudge- proof claim is a promise! It even withstood my oily lids! And IMO, it's even better than Maybelline's lasting drama gel liner which retails at around 500- 700 bucks.

So there goes my verdict for the cream eyeliner by elf. It's cheap, economical, and it delivers. Save yourself from spending a thousand bucks! Run to your nearest ELF counter and grab one now!

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. oh my gosh! thank you so much for this review!! I made my own cream/gel liner research and was about to settle with tony moly cause f21 is always out of stock. I will definitely purchase this baby soon! Sana nga lang meron sa GH /fingers-crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty good for it's price! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saving capulet: no problem sis! glad to help my fellow readers!

    becky: hello there! I'm really loving this product. currently my hg eyeliner. :) thanks sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! My friend uses this as well and she likes it.

    She likes using the Fanny Serrano slanted brush instead of the ELF brush though. I think it might be sturdier and create a thinner line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review sis. might try this one. i'm actually looking for a decent but cheap gel or cream eyeliner. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bought one last december and i love it too :P and surprisingly the brush is alright too :) cute and handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there,
    I have this very same gel liner and I absolutely love it. I read great reviews on the Maybelline gel liner but ELF's cream eyeliner is waaaay cheaper! so totally worth it!
    you can view this link
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-elf-studio-cream-eyeliner.html
    for my review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh snap! I should've gotten this one! I was deciding between Maybelline's and this one, but bought the latter. Is this good in the waterline? Like, staying power?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your date night look with the fresh pop of pink on your cheeks!

    Is this elf liner waterline safe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. joyce: another great tool is henri calayag's super fine rounded cream eye liner brush. it comes in a set but i think there are cheap ones that are individually sold. :)

    hollie: thanks sis! i also have a review for the lasting drama gel liner by maybelline. but elf just toppled all the best eyeliners i've tried! :)

    sofia: i haven't tried this on the waterline though. because i don't put cream liners on the water line.

    i'm assuming, even waterproof liners won't last long on the waterline because the waterline is naturally moist. :) and i don't like putting eyeliner on my waterline because it goes inside my eyes. :)

    jen: thanks sis! yes, it's safe naman. but if you're sensitive, better road test it first. or if you're wearing contacts, consult an ophthalmologist first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi wow i'm glad I found your blog. I just recently bought elf cream eyeliner online (will arrive in 2-3 weeks ^__^) and i'm still skeptical about it. but alas I found some pinay who could testify to this product's awesomeness :) i hope that I get the same result as you do as we're not allowed to bring anything with us once we start working so we can only touch up our make ups during break time :/ well i just hope that this will work great for me :) thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ice mint: thank you very much! let me know how this works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)