MEET DENVER :)

Let me tell you about Denver.

I was in Cartimar, the everything and anything pet related place last Wednesday to buy a cage for the transferring of my cats from Makati to Taguig (where our new house is located). I passed by a small stall and saw a couple of Whippets. I was curious and I came up to them. Then a small cage with an over- sized Golden Retriever inside caught my eye.

I guess it was love at first sight for me and for the dog. In a small, cold, and damp cage is where I saw this pitiful dog. When I inserted my finger to touch him in one of the openings of the cage. His tail wagged and he started rubbing his nose on my finger. He is such an affectionate dog.

I never did plan on getting another dog since I have three. But my heart was literally broken when I saw the condition of this dog. And I even felt more sad when I heard his story.

This dog was owned by a couple who resides in Paranaque. When the two landed stable jobs, they didn't have time anymore to take care of the dog, so they decided to sell him. He's two years old and three months already. In fact, the couple was so busy, that they didn't get to give the dog a name!

Even if I was on a budget deficit, I shelled out cash with the help of mom, so I could give him a new home, and a new chance at life. When he got home, he got quickly got used in the household since he's house- broken already. And he's so happy because he has new friends (my Labrador, Dipstick, and my Beagle, Duke)!

And this dog always comes to me. He lies on my feet, sits beside me, and wags his tail at the sight of me. And he is such an obedient dog! I can even walk him around the village without a leash on his collar!

My lovely readers, I present to you, DENVER. :)

Look at that handsome face! :)

No more small cages, no more damp floors, and no more spoiled food. You're home Denver! :)

**Denver is at19kgs, and is underweight for an adult Golden Retriever. He has fleas when I got him, but I treated him recently with Front Line. He also has "Helium", a white film on his left eye, which was caused by hair piercing his eyes, and soap drying out inside his eyes after bathing. Cartimar is infamous for its below standard pet shops, where animals are caged in tiny and dirty cages, and they don't get the right treatment that they need.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Aww, I feel the same way when I go to Cartimar. I see animals all cramped in small cages, kawawa nga =( Denver is lucky to meet you! And I'm sure he'll have a happy life ahead. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this warms my heart. glad denver got a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww your such a kind hearted person :) I hope Denver would appreciate your kindness! I lobe your blog keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. neurochiq: that's why i don't like going to that place. it feels like i wanna help one dog out of a small cage always!


    lily: thanks sis for reading. :)

    anonymous: thanks for visiting! this dog is so nice. makes me wonder why his previous owners sold him away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww.. kawawa naman yung mga animals dun. I hope may magawa yung ibang org about that. Anyway, you're such a nice and sweet person. Dog lover din kasi ako kaya nadudurog puso ko pag nakakakita ako ng mga aso na pinapabayaan. I'm happy you found denver! =) Godbless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww.. that's a good dog.. he's very lucky to have an owner like you :)

    When I read this.. I remembered and missed my japanese spitz at my old home.. here in my new home kasi di pwede yung mga maiingay na animals..

    Cartimar should know how to treat animals like royalty, not treat them like slaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, i'm so happy you rescued this beautiful dog! i love all dogs if only i could give them all a happy home. It just warms my heart to know that there's someone like you who will go out of her way to find a home to these poor fellas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kryssie: i think a group already initiated an action regarding the conditions of the animals in cartimar. but a law should be strictly enforced because giving them warnings are not enough. someone has to really make a stand.

    live: i feel for you sis. and i love giving old dogs a new chance at life. puppies will always find owners, but rarely will someone like an old dog due to notions and size.

    minakichu: if i were dayum rich, i will really make sure that cartimar's pet shop standards are inspected and re- checked!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)